Environmental Process Engineering Laboratory
DChE has been involved in research works on processes and systems that address air, water and soil pollutants since the early 1990’s. Research works on environmental process engineering deal with sources, transport, transformation, fate and impact of contaminants in environment and development of upstream and end-of-pipe technologies that minimize pollution.
- Chemical and physical processes for the treatment of recalcitrant compounds, emerging contaminants
- Biological process systems for air pollutants, industrial wastewater and slurries, petroleum contaminated soil and groundwater,
- Conversion of solid and liquid wastes to material and energy resources
- Physical, chemical and biological processes that determines the fate of pollutants in environment
- Sensing systems for monitoring levels of chemical pollutants in environment
- Clean technology for chemical process industries