Environmental Process Engineering Laboratory
- Treatment of Desiccated Coconut Processing wastewater using Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket reactor (National Engineering Center 1999-2000).
- Enabling Appropriate Technology for Environmental Services, Barangay Malaban, Municipality of Binan, Laguna (Dec. 2002 – June 2004). A collaborative research between faculty researchers from Univ. of California – Irvine, UP Diliman and Institute of Philippine Culture, ADMU. Funded by The Asia Foundation, Inc. Co-researcher.
- Design and Application of Nitrogen Cycle and Nitrogen Balance Model As a Management Tool for Controlling Greenhouse Gas Emission and Nutrient Recovery. (Aug. 2002 – August 2003). Project Leader. UP Chemical Engineering Foundation, funded by UWEP-Plus/WASTE, The Netherlands, through CAPS.
- Treatment of Produced Water: A Desktop Research for Chevron (March – April 2004), UP Foundation Project, executed by the Dept. of Chemical Engineering, worked as Co-Researcher.
- Methanol and Mercury Removal from Condensate: A Desktop Research for Chevron (December 2003 – March 2004), UP Foundation.
- Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste (Nov 2003 to March 2004), Project Leader, a Collaborative Research project funded by ASEAN University Network – Southeast Asia Engineering Development – Network (AUNSEED-Net) – JICA.
- Anaerobic-Aerobic Digestion of the Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste as Part of an Integrated Solid Waste Management System (2003-2007 Collaborative Research with Prof. Kiyohiko Nakasai, Shizouka University, Japan; About 25,000 USD Research Grant)
- Biodiesel Moz Production from Coconut Oil using Alternative Processes: Micro-emulsion and Ozonation, Collaborative research. UNIDEV and Frontier Japan Inc., About 2 M Php funds by New Energy Development (NEDO), Japan (2004 – 2007): Microemulsification Technology and Ozonation (With Dr. E. Quiros, et al.)
- Anaerobic Stabilization of Cellulose and Nitrogen-Rich Organic Solid Wastes (2005-2007 Collaborative Research with Prof. K. Nakasaki, Shizouka University, Japan; About 12,000 USD Research Grant)
- Treatment of AZo Dye Textile Simulated Wastewater in a Sequencing Batch Reactor System (AUNSEED-Net Collaborative Research; 7,400 USD 2 years; 2007-2009) with Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Pre-feasibility Study on the Proposed Quezon City Integrated System for Resource Recovery (with Dr. Virginia Soriano and Dr. Maria Antonette N. Tanchuling; 2009 -2010)
- Anaerobic-Aerobic Treatment of Textile Wastewater in Phased Continuous Reactor System (2008-2010 with Prof. Tanji, TIT, Japan, about 6,000 USD Grant)
- Predation and Factors Affecting The Growth of Cyanobacteria in Philippines and Cambodia: Towards Better Water Quality (2007-2010 with Prof. Kiyohiko Nakasai, Shizouka University, Japan, about 25,000 USD Grant)
- Development of biological and Ozonation Process as Treatment of Effluents from Distilleries and Large-Water-Demand Industry in View of Recycling(Proeject leader, ERDT Environment and Infrastructure Track, DRINK subtrack, ; DOST-PCIERD Project; 4.8 Million PhP 3 years)
- 15. Evaluation of Microcystis aeruginosa bloom reduction potential of vermicomposts and thermophilic microorganisms. Supervised ERDT Dissertation Research Project by Sheila K. Ramos (2008-2010)
- Granulation of Sludge in High-Rate Anaerobic-Wastewater Treatment Reactor System: Applications for the Removal of Endocrine Disrupting Substances and treatment of Petroleum Contaminated Wastewater (AUNSEED-Net Collaborative Research; 17,000 USD 3 years; 2011 – 2014) with Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Palenzuela Rollon, A. (1999) Anaerobic Digestion of Fish Processing Wastewater with Special Emphasis on Hydrolysis of Suspended Solids, IHE Delft & Wageningen University, A.A. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam, The Netherlands,(ISBN 90 5410417 1 (or 13 digit ISBN is 9789054104179)/Taylor&Francis Grp./booksellers and UNESCO-IHE, The Netherlands) with Dutch summary
- Palenzuela Rollon, A., Zeeman, G., Lubberding, H.J., Lettinga, G. and Alaerts, G.J. (2002) Treatment of fish processing wastewater in one- or two-step upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactor. Water Science and Technology, 45 (10), 207-212.
- Kiyohiko Nakasaki, Le Thi Hong Tran, Yoshito Idemoto, Michiharu Abe and Analiza Palenzuela Rollon (2009) Comparison of organic matter degradation and microbial community during thermophilic composting of two different types of anaerobic sludge, Bioresource Technology, 100 (2):676-682
- N.C. Tolosa, M.-C. Lu, H.D. Mendoza, A.P. Rollon, (2011) The effect of the composition of tri-elemental doping (K, Al, S) on the photocatalytic performance of synthesized TiO2 nanoparticles in oxidizing 2-chlorophenol over visible light illumination., Applied Catalysis A: General 401 (2011) 233– 238.
- Nolan C. Tolosa, Ming-Chun Lu, Herman D. Mendoza and Analiza P. Rollon (2011) Factors affecting the photocatalytic oxidation of 2,4-dichlorophenol using modified titanium dioxide TiO2/KAl(SO4)2 catalyst under visible light. Sustain. Environ. Res., 21(6), 381-387.
- Cristina Amor Rosales and Analiza P. Rollon (2011). Factors Affecting the Occurrence and Growth of Toxic Cyanobacteria Microcystis aeruginosa in Laguna De Bay, Philippines. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering(USA) Volume 5, Number 9, September 2011, 1109-1106.
- Le Thi Hong Tran and Analiza Palenzuela Rollon (2012). “Effect of temperature on composting residual organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW) after anaerobic digestion”. Int. J. Environment and Waste Management, Vol. 9, Nos. 1/2, 2012. p 18-40.
- Le Thi Hong Tran, Analiza Palenzuela Rollon and Kiyohiko Nakasaki (2012) Anaerobic digestion of Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste (OFMSW) in two-phase system. Int. J. Environment and Waste Management, Vol. 9, Nos. 1/2, 2012. p 5-17