The Polymer Research Laboratory (formerly Industrial Polymers Group under Polymers and Catalysts Laboratory) focuses on the behavior and response of modified polymeric materials during exposure to different environment. The laboratory is located at Room B103-104, Chemical Engineering Building, University of the Philippines, C.P. Garcia Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
Polymeric materials have long been utilized by the industry in different applications: from protective linings and coatings of equipment and various surfaces, to molded rubber products and commercial plastic bags. Our industry needs deep understanding on the impacts of industrial polymeric materials to our society and environment, as well as advanced knowledge to modify and improve existing formulations, and to develop new and competitive products. We believe understanding and knowledge on the field of polymeric materials must be based from committed scientific research and needs of the industry.
We are a research group that:
1) Comprehends impacts of industrial polymeric materials to our society and environment;
2) Grasps advanced knowledge for modification and improvement of existing formulations and development of new and competitive products; and
3) Strives to be an important resource of scientific and technological information on the field of industrial polymeric materials.
To achieve our vision, we make every effort to:
1) Understand the effects of different environment systems to the behavior and properties of industrial polymeric materials;
2) Develop new products and explore various additives and strategies in modifying polymeric materials to help the industry adapt to environment effects; and
3) Engage and inform the industry about significant findings for product development through presentations and publications.